in relation to access to and use of the website
www.megaeshop.com.cy.com (the “Website”)
Please Read Carefully
We Respect Your Privacy
This Policy describes the types of information we may collect from you or you may provide us with, when you want to register with us, create an account, purchase a product or use, visit, or access our Website. In this Policy, we also explain how your personal data and information is managed by the Website and its administrators, and the practices for collecting, using, and disclosing that information.
In this Policy, “Personal Information” means any information and data by which you can be identified or contacted including without limitation your first/last name, copies of ID and Passport, your cookie ID (cookie identifiers), your date of birth, billing address, email address, your PPS number, your physical address, telephone numbers, IP address, billing information, authorised signatory details, and also any information about you we may collect according to this Policy and to the Terms and Conditions (the “Terms”) contained therein, of which this Policy consists an integral part. For the purposes of this Policy, all provisions contained in the Terms and Conditions are herewith repeated and endorsed.
If you do not agree with the provisions of this Policy or the Terms, which are hereby incorporated herein and made a part hereof for all purposes, as if fully set forth herein, do not use our Website. If you choose to visit or use our Website, in any manner and under any capacity whatsoever, you agree to this Policy and freely consent to the collection and use of your Personal Information and data.
Please check this page frequently to find out about any amendments or updates to this Policy.
Our website is governed by the applicable General Data Protection Regulations, namely the Regulation (EU) 2016/679 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data and subsequently the Cypriot national legislation on the Protection of Natural Persons Against the Processing of Personal Data and the Free Movement of this Data (Law 125(I)/2018) (collectively hereinafter the “GDPR”) and generally by Cyprus law. To the full extent permitted by Law, you hereby waive any claims relating to the processing of your Personal Information in connection with this Policy that may arise under the laws and regulations of any other country or jurisdiction.
The Website is Intended for Persons 18 and Over
You are not entitled to provide any sort of information to our Website if you are under 18 years old. Our Website does not knowingly collect and/or accept any information or data from persons under the age of 18.
If you are under 18 years old, you are not allowed to visit or use any of the content of our Website, especially without adult supervision. Please contact us if you believe that we have any information from or about a person who is under the age of 18.
Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It
Our Website collects information and data about you for many reasons, usually when you interact and/or deal with us. A few of them include: the processing of your purchase, the completion of payment, contacting you and creating your account. The use of your Personal Information from our Website is explained in more detail below.
You may be required to provide Personal Information to access or register with us in order to purchase our products or use certain parts of our Website, subscribe to a newsletter or email list, fill out a form, contact us via email or even for the carrying out of the required KYC and/or AML procedures and/or document collection, if necessary.
Please note that before you provide us with any kind of Personal Information concerning other(s) to our Website, you must obtain their consent before giving us such information.
The type of information we may collect from you for the aforementioned purpose include, but are not limited to:
- Your name and surname
- Copies of ID and/or passport
- First/last name
- Physical and/or delivery address
- Telephone Number
- Fax number
- Date of Birth
- Marital statues
- Demographic information
- Online user identifiers (such as login details)
- Authorised signatory details
- Information relating to power of Attorney Arrangements
- Bank Account Details, credit/debit card details
- Preferred Language
- Your social media accounts
What Happens If You Do Not Provide the Requested Information
You are not obliged to provide the requested information and/or Personal Information. However, it is important to provide them in order for us to be able to fulfil the purpose of this Policy. Nevertheless, if you decide not to provide the requested information, you may not be able to have access to or use the features of our Website when such information is requested, or purchase products.
Cookies allow us to help you log in faster, conduct more relevant searches and enhance your navigation through our Website. Cookies can regularly be controlled through internet browsers. When you visit our Website, we may send one or more cookies, which are small text files, to your computer that uniquely identify your browser. We collect information on how you use our Website. These cookies do not collect information that identifies you.
By using this Website, you consent to the storing and accessing of our Cookies on your device.
How We Use Your Information
We may use your Personal Information that we collect about you or that you provide us:
- To confirm your identity.
- Confirm or facilitate your purchase.
- To contact you (via email, post, telephone or social media).
- To provide you with any information you may ask for.
- To reply to your inquiries, complaints, requests or comments.
- To manage and administer your account.
- To process purchases, deliveries and receipt of products.
- To proceed with an application regarding one of our services.
- When you want to be a registered user on our Website.
- When such information is requested for KYC and/or AML processes.
- To notify you about any changes to our Website and/or Terms and/or this Policy we would like and/or we are obliged to inform you.
- For strategic planning and managing our business for our legitimate business needs. This means that we may use your information in order to understand trends in our customer behaviour and also to better understand our business risk. Note that, when we are obliged under laws and regulations to obtain your consent before using your information, we will not proceed if we do not have your consent.
- To operate, maintain and provide to you the best possible features and services.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights.
- To compare or review your information from errors, omissions, or accuracy.
- To prevent any illegal act, abuse, fraud or terrorist financing.
- To send you marketing communications or other information or materials you have chosen to receive from us.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
- To comply with regulations and legislations.
We take our responsibility to protect your information very seriously. Our Company uses appropriate technical and organizational measures to warrant a high level of security.
How We Share Your Information
- Personal Identifiable Information:
We may share your personal information with other parties, in certain circumstances such as (not exhaustively):
- Any authorized party entitled to collect your personal information.
- Third parties, when necessary for the carrying out payments
- To our employees, associates, service providers, promotional partners, other consulting partners, legal advisers, software development contractors, data processors, computer maintenance contractors and other parties that provide supportive services to our Website and/or provide services of protecting our legitimate interests. We may disclose your personal information only when such information is needed to perform their functions and they are not authorized to use any of your Personal Information for any purpose(s) other than the purpose(s) set forth by our Website.
- You authorize us to use and disclose any information we deem necessary to comply with applicable law including the anti-money laundering process, the KYC process, statutory and regulatory bodies and law enforcement authorities.
- To defend our company or affiliates in a legal process.
- To protect other companies or organizations from any fraud or risk.
- To prevent or take action regarding suspected or illegal activities and to protect the security of our Website.
- To protect the rights or personal safety of our Website.
- To enforce the Terms and this Policy.
- Non-Personal Identifiable Information:
Our Company may allow other companies to serve advertisements on our Website. These companies may use technology that directly sends information to your browser via advertisements and links that appear on the website. When this happens, these companies automatically receive your IP address. Also, they may use technology (such as cookies or otherwise) to measure the efficiency of their advertisements.
Your Legal Rights
You have the right to:
- Request access and to be informed about the personal data we hold on you. Please note that if you raise a request regarding this matter, we may also ask you to identify yourself.
- Request to correct or update any inaccurate or incomplete personal data we hold on you.
- Request to erase your personal data we hold on you. Note that you have this right under certain circumstances.
- Refuse the use of your personal data for any direct marketing purposes.
- Object to the processing of your personal data for our legitimate business interests.
- Receive your personal data concerning you in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and have the right to transmit those personal data to another provider and/or controller, without hindrance from our Company.
- Require that your personal data are transmitted directly to other organizations and/or providers and/or controllers by us when this is technically applicable.
- Withdraw your consent at any time. The withdrawal of consent shall not affect the lawfulness of processing based on consent before its withdrawal.
We must comply with a request without undue delay. Under certain circumstances, if we cannot comply with your request within reasonable time, we shall notify you accordingly via email.
Transfer Of Your Personal Data Outside The European Economic Area “EEA”
If necessary, we may send your personal data outside the EEA, to a third country or to an international organization or other jurisdictions outside the EEA. Such countries or organizations may be not in compliance with GDPR. Note that we will only disclose your personal data outside the EEA for a specified and legitimate purpose and only in compliance with the GDPR.
Our Company will require such recipient(s) to cover your personal data by appropriate safeguards and we will also require that the protections of such recipient(s) are deemed adequate by the EU legislation.
How We Protect Your Information
The security of your Personal Information is very important to us. Our Company follows industrial standards to securely preserve your information. Our information security system helps us to keep your information safe against any unauthorized access and disclosure. Please note that, no method of transmission through the internet or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. Therefore, we cannot guarantee the absolute security of the Personal Information you provide or you upload or you give your consent to on our Website. If you agree to proceed, you do so at your own risk. By receiving your personal information, our company follows all reasonable physical and technical safeguards to protect your personal information and privacy, but we cannot ensure the security of any information you disclose online through our Website.
Links to Other Websites and Social Media
Our Website may include links to or from other websites. Third parties’ websites may also provide links to our Website. Note that those websites and/or web platforms, whether they are linked or not to our Website, have their own policies, practices and we do not have any responsibility or liability if you access those websites. We make no warranty concerning the content of such websites, their reliability and accuracy. You are recommended to read the policies of such websites before you agree to access and/or submit your Personal Information to those websites. We do not guarantee the security of your Personal Information if you provide those websites with your personal details. Please note that, once you use a link to access those websites, our Policy is no longer in effect. Our Website may provide links to other websites to you as a convenience, and it is in your sole discretion whether you will agree to access those websites or not.
How Long do We Hold Onto Your Information
We shall keep your Personal Information as long as is compulsory to fulfil the aim for which this information was collected and/or for any other reason relating to the Terms of this Website (for example a legal dispute, or if your Personal Information is required by any regulatory authority). We may also retain your personal information as long as our Website, in its own discretion, needs such information for business reasons and/or allowed by the GDPR (such as surveys, visits analysis etc to our Website).
We may use notifications, whether required by law or our Terms or for marketing purposes to you through email, post, or social media. You agree that the form and means of providing notifications to you remains in our sole discretion. You are entitled to opt out of certain means of notifications described in this Policy.
Once you provide us with your email address, you consent to us using your email address in order to send you any website and service related notices, any notices referred in the Terms or any notices required by law.
We may also use your email address to send, including but not limited to, your payment information, legal updates, account status, special offers or promotions, changes to features of the Website or services.
Note: Please allow reasonable time for us to process your request from the day we receive your request.
If you have any questions about this Policy, how your personal data is gathered, stored, shared or used you can contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Delete Your Account
If you select to delete your account, please note that this step is not reversible.
All of your personal settings will be lost.
Access Your Data
If you have interacted with us, you have no direct access to your data stored on our servers. If you wish to modify or delete your personal data or want to know what personal data is stored on your behalf, please inform us accordingly. You will receive a confirmation email to verify your identity.
Upon receiving your request, we will take the appropriate action within 15 working days according to the GDPR.
If you have an account with us, please login to your account if you wish to modify or delete your personal details.
We reserve the right to keep your data for a period of time in case there is a legal requirement to do so.